Your new favorite sweet and simple dessert at just the right size.
I have always had a place in my heart for everyone’s fave fire-side treat. Fluffy marshmallows, toasted to golden perfection, that are sandwiched between crunchy graham crackers and gooey Hersheys chocolate. Mmm mmm. However, I’ve always been a little skeptical about the whole s’mores-revolution-lets-puts-smores-in-every-cake-cookie-pie-and-icecream thing. I mean, toasted marshmallows stay at the campfire, right?
Honestly, I was wrong. Oh, so wrong, for way too long. I cautiously gave these bars a try and they were absolutely delicious. Crunchy golden grahams coated with sweet marshmallow magic topped with gooey chocolate chips and……toasted marshmallows. But it worked. Sticky, gooey, messy, and perfect.
One of the obvious pros with these s’mores bars is that you literally only use classic s’mores ingredients, just in tinier form! Golden Graham cereal, mini marshmallows, semi-sweet chocolate chips, and butter. Bring it.👊
Honestly, these are just classic rice krispie treats taken to a whole new level. The mini-grahams are mixed with melted marshmallows and butter, and this gets mixed with chocolate chips. The bars are topped with more chocolate chips and more marshmallows, and then get popped into the oven, where they are broiled till toasted and golden.
You can’t find a s’more perfect treat in a s’more perfect size. Because this ⬇️️ ⬇️️ is perfect.
S’mores Bars for 4
Yields: 4 servings
- 1 1/4 cups mini marshmallows, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups graham cereal
- 1 cup chocolate chips, divided*
- Preheat oven to broil. Butter small loaf pan or baking dish. Set aside.
- Stir butter and 1 cup marshmallows in a skillet over medium heat until melted. Add cereal, stirring till combined. Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Spread in prepared pan.
- Top bars with remaining marshmallows and chocolate chips. Broil bars 2-3 minutes or until toasted and golden.
- Let bars cool for 10 minutes, cut, and enjoy!
*You can also use Hershey squares.