This Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe is simple and very rewarding! We revised the original Betty Crocker recipe and gave it more flavor and texture. They are absolutely delicious.
This recipe is easy to follow. To start, you’re going to cream the shortening, butter, and sugars for about 30 seconds, or until light and fluffy. (make sure your butter is at room temperature!)
After you cream the fats and sugars, add the eggs and vanilla until they’re combined. Sift your dry ingredients, and slowly add them to the wet mixture. Once everything is just combined, add your chocolate chips.
Be sure not to over mix your ingredients, or the cookies will end up tough. 🙁
And that’s it! How simple is that? Crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside, these melt-in-your mouth cookies are perfect for any occasion! Happy baking!
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3 and 1/3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2/3 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Line 2 baking sheets with a silicon baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the softened butter, shortening, and both sugars together on medium speed until fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla, beating on high until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients on low speed until just combined. Add the chocolate chips, mixing on low until evenly dispersed.*
- Roll 2 heaping tablespoons of dough into balls and place on prepared baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 11-15 minutes, or until lightly browned. You can also press extra chocolate chips into the top of the cookies after they are baked for a pretty affect.
- Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 3 minutes and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
*Make ahead tip: Cookies stay fresh covered at room temperature for up to 4 days. You can make the cookie dough and refrigerate it for up to 3 days. Allow to come to room temperature and continue with step 6. Baked cookies will freeze well up to 3 months. Unbaked cookie dough balls also freeze well for up to 3 months. Bake frozen cookie dough balls for an extra minute, without thawing.
Whereas most men don’t talk much about their sexual desires, many men are affected by ED. Certain drugs are as a rule used to treat various types of infection caused by bacteria, such as bronchitis and infections of the urinary tract. Many doctors think about Cialis. (See also after taking viagra how long does it last). Can you get medications, like Cialis, online? On occasion patients need remedies to resolve sexual dysfunction. Did you ever heard about how long does a viagra pill last? A recent research about how long can viagra last show that men’s most common sexual dysfunction is erectile disfunction. Finally, erection difficulties can be an early warning symptom of grave health problems, such as heart disease. Whilst this remedy is not for use in women, it is not known whether this generic passes into breast milk.